Ahh, yes. Finally a recipe. Though I must admit it's incredibly simple, it's more of a throw everything in bowl and eat it up kind of deal but a recipe nonetheless. It started with a craving for chicken salad that I had no choice but to quench and so, I made chicken salad and I hope you find it as deliciously simple as I did.
QUINOA CHICKEN SALAD
1 chicken breast, grilled or pan cooked and chilled
1/4 cup cooked quinoa, chilled
4 basil leaves
1 celery stalk
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbl mayonaise
salt + pepper
1. Chop or shred chicken with a fork, set aside in a bowl
2. Stack basil leaves and roll up, then thinly slice (chiffonade
3. Slice celery lengthwise into thirds and chop into small pieces
4. Add celery, basil, olive oil, quinoa, and mayonaise to the boil and mix together
5. Taste and add salt + pepper until desired flavor is achieved
6. Eat as is or in a sandwich
And that's it. It was quick and totally did the trick. I'm also thinking this simple salad would work perfectly with all that leftover turkey you know you're going to have at the end of this week.