Eggs & Veg
I was one of those annoying kids who loved vegetables. I actually enjoyed salads, I happily tried new foods. I was a sharp contrast to my brother and his "only eat beige" diet. While I was developing an appetitite for lobster and sushi long before my age hit double digits, my brother was cringing at the idea of ketchup (he now eats just about everything, but that's a story for another time...) I'm happy to eat vegetables at every meal, whether they are fried, steamed or roasted (roasting vegetables is never a bad idea for the record).
Breakfast has a lot of vegetable potential. It's not just grain time. My family is big on breakfast scrambles, omelets are just too structured for my liking anyway. Too rigid for an egg. Whatever vegetables are around will work, whether that's kale, green onions, brussels sprouts, or herbs.
No big secret here, just some steamed broccoli, a little chopped onion, and a couple of eggs:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, chopped up
- 1/2 small onion, chopped up
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sauté the onions in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat until they are golden
- Turn the burner down to medium low
- Add the eggs and scramble so they stay creamy
- Add the broccoli while the eggs are still partially raw, season with s&p
- Scramble together untill desired doneness