sticky sticky ribs
came out pretty good. I made them with my pops. the recipe is courtesy of my Cuisines of Asia class at school…with a few modifications, I recommend messing with the sauce as much as you want, they are bound to come out sweet, salty, and delicious regardless of most adjustments.
mind you its a pretty huge recipe…we did 1 rack of spare ribs and adjusted the sauce for that amount. Also if you want to do riblets you can have them cut across the bone before cooking them but we did whole ribs.
Lacquer Roasted Pork Ribs Recipe ”Kao Paigu”
Yield: 30 ish portions
- Pork spareribs, trimmed 5 racks
Painting Mix – whisk together
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce, dark/sweet
- 1 Tbsp Shao Xing wine
- 1 Cup Hoisin sauce
- 3/4 Cup Brown bean sauce or Sweet bean sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Ginger, minced
- a little bit of White pepper, ground
- 2 Scallions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Rice wine, Shao Xing
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt, sea or kosher
- 1/2 cup Sugar
1. Brush surface of ribs with “painting mixture”.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce together, coat the ribs and marinate, covered, overnight.
1. Roast the Ribs at 350 degrees, keep an eye on them and turn/flip when needed (cook for 1-2 hours)
2. Coat with honey in the last 30 minutes