This one's really basic, I have a few more blueberry recipes coming soon though.
The key to the grilled cheese is to really butter up the outside of the bread, that way it gets nice and crisp on the outside. It's completely necessary and it takes any and all grilled cheeses over the top.
Blueberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
*makes 2 sandwiches
1 cup of fresh blueberries
4 thick slices of whole wheat French bread
10 thin slices of brie
3 basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
Butter, to spread on bread
Honey, to drizzle
salt & pepper
1. Spread one side of each bread generously with butter
2. Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the bread, butter side down
3. Top two of the slices with three slices of brie, and the others with two
4. Sprinkle the basil on the three slice bread, layer the blueberries on the slice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with honey
5. Carefully place the two slice pieces of bread on the other bread and smoosh together
6. Place a plate on top of the closed sandwiches and lightly press down to smash the ingredients together
7. Carefully flip the sandwiches once the first side is crispy and browned
8. Repeat with other side until crisp. Cut in half and eat it up!
For more blueberry recipes: http://www.blueberrycouncil.org/